Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Miss Manners

Spent a harrowing afternoon at Pacific Coffee yesterday. When I first arrived at noon the Chinese woman at the table next to me was uncontrollably hacking and spitting into a little cup/spittoon. I am sick and am still able to control my fluids when in public.

After I moved tables and typed in peace for an hour or so a middle-aged Western man asked to sit in the armchair across from me. After reading his paper for a few minutes he pulled floss out of his cargo short pocket and began FLOSSING HIS TEETH at the table. “Click. Tick. Tick. Click.” I have never thought flossing was so dirty. By this time there were no more free tables with outlets and so I had to suffer through the entire dental hygiene session. Luckily it only lasted a few minutes, but it was followed by NAIL CLIPPING. Hands, not feet - thank goodness for small favors.

Am I unreasonably strict in my standards…?

No comments:

Post a Comment