Monday, February 2, 2009

Field Trip!!






My exchange school HKUST, is so cute. They planned a sightseeing day for our orientation. We went to a Buddhist temple (covered in the most beautiful flowers), then ate copious amounts of dim sum (including spongy gingerbread??), then Stanley Market, then to a peak to look out over the city.
Stanley Market is a small touristy market but it is near Repulse Bay and along the water, so it felt like being in a beach town. It was so cute, lots of outdoor restaurant patios and people walking dogs. It was also in the nicest part of HK that I've seen so far. And by nice I guess here I mean wealthy. There were actual houses - I've only seen apartments so far - and luxury cars and lots of greenery. A great place for brunch, so cute.
The peak was like going to the Empire State building, except of course you had to go through a mall to get to the top. I think everything is a mall here, and I have yet to be proven otherwise. It was a cloudy day, but it must be amazing around sunset time. And apparently at 8pm every night most of the downtown buildings have lightshows on them, so I want to go back in the evening. The city is so lit up as is, this lightshow must be blinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment